Frenchies are adorable dogs, but they have a smelly habit that you shouldn’t love. French Bulldogs often suffer from flatulence, and their farts are quite unpleasant. If you want to know more about your dog’s farts, you can continue reading this article.
Let’s start now!
Why do French bulldogs fart so much?
- 1 Why do French bulldogs fart so much?
- 2 Why do Frenchies fart more than other dogs?
- 3 What Foods Make French Bulldogs Fart?
- 4 How To Prevent Your French From Farting?
- 5 How To Help Your French Bulldog Digest?
The French Bulldog is a breed prone to flatulence and a lot of stomach gas. This is a very unpleasant habit that shouldn’t alarm you, but with a few tips, you can reduce it.
This breed can eat too fast, and farts can be caused by this problem or by changing their diet. As this breed is brachycephalic and cannot eat slowly, they can choke because they inhale the food. Swallowing air at mealtime is called aerophagia, and the best way to help your Frenchies is to find a special feeding bowl.
These bowls are called anti-suffocation feeders and are suitable for prolonging the time of your meal.
Why do Frenchies fart more than other dogs?
As mentioned above, French Bulldogs are a breed that suffers from flatulence, which causes many farts. They have an extremely sensitive digestive system, and when they eat, they swallow air, which produces a lot of stomach gas.
What Foods Make French Bulldogs Fart?
Flatulence in French Bulldogs is also caused by certain foods and by eating the wrong diet. Some foods that give your Frenchie flatulence are:
- Dairy products like cheese, milk, yogurt, sour cream, ice cream, butter, etc.
- Spicy food.
- Inexpensive dog food, generally this type of food is rich in carbohydrates and corn.
- Fermentable vegetables such as cabbage, broccoli, beans, cauliflower, among others.
- Foods are rich in fiber, such as pumpkins, vegetables, apples, rice, etc.
- Foods are high in fat. French fries and other fried foods can cause farts.
How To Prevent Your French From Farting?
To resolve your French Bulldog’s farts, you must consider a proper diet. A well-fed Frenchie will have a healthy digestive system and a stronger immune system. If you want to prevent your Frenchie from farting, you can follow these steps:
Avoid high-meat treats
You should look for healthy treats for your French Bulldog and talk to your vet about it.
Feed your digestible pet food
You should always look for dog food that is high quality and highly digestible.
Use special food bowls
You should look for a special food bowl to reduce the air in your French Bulldog’s stomach.
Avoid foods with fiber or fat
Remember that this type of food can produce more gases in your pet.
Also Read: How Often Do French Bulldogs Poop?
How To Help Your French Bulldog Digest?
If you want to help your Frenchie digest food better, you should follow these tips:
- Your French Bulldog must have a proper diet with high-quality food.
- Your Frenchie dog should have regular training. Although French Bulldogs are not a sports-loving breed, you should take them for walks to avoid obesity. This will also help your digestive system to function properly.
- You should give him protein foods.
- You can give your French Bulldog foods with healthy fats such as fish oils, omega-3, omega-6, etc.
- Vitamins and minerals.
- You must give your French Bulldog plenty of water.
It is always recommended that you visit your vet frequently to prevent any health problems and to have a proper diet. The experts always have the best tips for the health of your French Bulldog.